What Is Twitter Marketing?
Twitter marketing entails every step business marketers take to produce and spread content to their target audience on Twitter.
The aim is to build brand awareness and drive more sales. With over 300 million monthly active Twitter users, businesses have a chance to reach a global audience.
However, building an effective Twitter marketing strategy is a hard row to hoe. It involves multiple steps, from creating buyer personas of ideal customers to searching the audience behavior.
Marketers need to understand how their target audience acts on Twitter, their pain points, and what they intend to achieve. With that in mind, businesses can generate and disperse suitable content that contributes to their growth.
Further, businesses must keep track of their tweet performance. This practice helps them tweak their strategies for the better. Several factors could play a role in a failing Twitter marketing campaign.
For instance, when you choose to post content can be of vital importance. It is crucial to create public posts when your target audience likely sees them.
Benefits of Twitter Marketing
Twitter allows you to connect with an audience worldwide. How well you achieve that depends on your Twitter marketing plan by the end of the day.
A well-crafted Twitter strategy can reform your business for good. However, you must familiarize yourself with your industry's latest marketing trends and developments to market your business efficiently. The top pros of Twitter marketing are listed below.
- Increase customer engagement. Twitter offers a hassle-free way for your customers to reach out to you. The more uncomplicated the path between you and your customers, the better customer engagement will be.
- Build brand awareness. Twitter gives you a chance to tell your customers you exist as a credible company. Besides, you can enlighten them about your products and services through valuable content.
- Perform customer research. You can utilize numerous Twitter tools to search for your target audience. What are their unique interests, and what do they intend to achieve? You can get your hands on such useful information through reliable tools.
- Form a community. By posting intriguing content, you’ll be building a loyal following. A community of supporters and fans would want to receive regular updates from your brand.
- Drive website traffic. If you think your website isn’t getting much attention, now is the chance to direct your Twitter followers to your website. You can share your site link in the posts or attach it directly to your bio to drive more website traffic.
- Boost Sales. Twitter is an excellent platform to advertise your products and services - as long as you know how to do that like a pro. Effective marketing on Twitter can generate more sales than you can imagine.
Best Twitter Marketing Tips
While creating a profile, adding an enticing profile picture, and setting up the account are the initial steps, you need a few handy tips to ensure a positive outcome. Make sure you keep these hacks in mind to grow your following and boost engagement.
Evaluate the Performance
Posting quality content is one thing, but you must audit your Twitter account to see how the posts perform. Notice how many people engage with your content. Did you successfully reach your target audience? Are you using hashtags strategically?
Knowing which Tweets perform well can help you adjust your Twitter marketing strategy.
For instance, if you have a shoe store, you may notice that Tweets about leather shoes attract more attention and generate more comments. You can fine-tune your Twitter strategy by following the best practices that work.
Be Consistent With Your Brand’s Voice
You must discover your brand’s voice and maintain it consistently. A brand’s voice is typically the tone you use to interact with your ideal audience and present your personality.
Your company’s voice could be heartfelt, funky, and even sarcastic. It depends on the business you operate by the end of the day.
For instance, a funny tone will attract more customers if you run a kid’s toy store. Likewise, pet store owners must keep their style sincere. This will intrigue people with a soft corner for pets.
If you’re uncertain about your brand’s voice, you can always check out your competitors and see what style they use. While we do not recommend copying their tone, you can get an idea and create something different.
Besides, you can shift your brand’s tone after noticing what people respond to the most.
Get Your Profile Verified
Getting a profile verified on Twitter is like earning a credibility badge. Without one, users won’t take your business seriously. In fact, most of them will assume you’re trying to pose as a company.
However, a blue checkmark on your Twitter profile gives off a positive vibe, and anyone visiting your profile will consider you authentic.
Nonetheless, Twitter doesn’t give away blue ticks just like that. Your profile must meet certain criteria to become eligible. You should keep a few things in mind to earn a verification tick on Twitter.
- Keep your profile authentic. You need to prove to Twitter that your business exists. This may require you to submit your personal ID, official business site, and email address.
- Make it noticeable. If your profile isn’t popular, we’re afraid it won’t qualify for the blue tick. Twitter only approves popular industry profiles. So, whether you have a clothing business or fashion, your follower counts must be in the top .05% profiles of their area or over 95.95% of accounts in your region.
- Be an active user. Achieving the first two points is almost impossible if you aren’t an active user. So, make sure you actively post on Twitter and have a proper name and attention-grabbing profile picture.
You can apply for verification by visiting the account settings on the Twitter account. You’ll see an option for requesting verification.
At this point, Twitter may ask you a few questions about your business. For example, you may need to share your ID to confirm your identity. Besides, Twitter might request your business website link for authenticity.
Use Proper Hashtags
Twitter played a significant role in making hashtags popular. Businesses and influencers increasingly use hashtags to gain more followers.
Studies unveil that tweets with hashtags get over 12% more engagement than those without them. You can always visit Twitter Analytics to find popular hashtags in your industry.
Besides, you can collaborate with your team to set unique and enticing hashtags for events, product launches, and promotions.
Hashtags include the symbol “#” and are typically followed by a short, catchy phrase or a word. Note that hashtags do not contain spaces or punctuation marks. However, you can include the symbol “_” to connect words within a phrase.
While strategically using hashtags is a plus, we do not recommend cluttering your tweets with many hashtags. Why? Because too many tags can divert the user's attention from the actual message. Besides, your tweet looks less authentic.
Typically, one or two hashtags will do the job so long as you know how to nail them. You can always drive inspiration from credible brands to see what works. Popular examples include:
ShareACoke by Coca-Cola
PutACanOnIt by Red Bull
MyCalvins by Calvin Klein
Let’s put Twitter aside for a while. Reviewing your competition is a vital part of business anyway. Even the most successful entrepreneurs do competitor research to see what they can do to improve their business practices.
The case isn’t any different when marketing on Twitter. You must notice what your competitors tweet. It’ll give you an idea of what steps you can take to boost the engagement of your ideal audience.
Consider creating Twitter lists to create a group of competitors. Here, you can keep an eye on all their tweets.
We recommend performing a SWOT analysis of your profile to determine where you lag as a business and what you can do to stand out among others in the industry.
Outsourcing Your Twitter Marketing
With numerous brands operating on Twitter, earning a spot isn’t a cakewalk. You must go above and beyond to prove your business an authentic brand, earn a blue tick, and increase your following.
Because you have a lot on your plate as a business owner, keeping up with the latest Twitter marketing trends and implementing a winning strategy can get overwhelming.
Outsourcing Twitter marketing, however, can save your day by letting pros handle the job for you. Here’s how hiring a credible company for Twitter marketing helps.
- It reduces the time you spend on something that isn’t your primary focus. Outsourcing marketing can help you focus on other more important business tasks that need your attention.
- Outsourcing allows you to benefit your business by gaining access to the experience and skills of knowledgeable professionals. They know the ins and outs of social media marketing and can help you avoid potential problems you may stumble upon as a beginner.
- Hiring authentic service providers shifts the technical aspects of marketing to skilled people. For instance, you do not need to pick a unique username, set up a profile, or use quality images to entice your target customers.
- Outsourcing to experienced companies means handing the marketing task to someone who knows the drill. You do not need to train them from scratch but only convey your business goals.
Things to Consider Before Hiring a Twitter Marketing Agency
Outsourcing your Twitter marketing has endless benefits, but only if you choose right. Selecting an incompetent company may cost you down the line. Therefore, you must remember a few things before spending your hard-earned money.
- Consider experience. Ask the company if they have prior experience with Twitter. A few agencies may have done marketing on Facebook and Pinterest, but not Twitter. Make sure you hire a marketing firm that’s mainly familiar with Twitter.
- Check credentials. A credible company has served and is currently serving other brands. You can always check the feedback of the companies they manage to determine how they perform as a marketing agency.
- Problem-solving skills. Present them with hypothetical scenarios to check their problem-solving skills
Mistakes to Avoid
Because you’ll find numerous companies offering Twitter marketing services, choosing the best one can be challenging.
As a rule of thumb, you can pick the top 4-5 marketing agencies and thoroughly research them before finalizing. Besides, make sure you avoid these mistakes for a positive turnout.
- Not looking at the reviews of the companies is one of the biggest mistakes. Make sure you spend some time looking for the agency online and visit its website or social media handles to check customer feedback.
- A company could help your business, but it may use black hat techniques to achieve that. So, not looking at the company’s history is another mistake most businesses commit. Make sure you aren’t hiring a company that follows unethical ways to achieve fake ratings.
- Lastly, do not forget to compare the prices of the best companies. We recommend selecting an affordable marketing agency because you might also pay to run ads, which will add to the costs.
Hire the Best Twitter Marketing Company With Xpeer
The digital marketing trend is growing with each passing day and for obvious reasons. Because consumers are drastically turning online to shop, brands want to step into the eCommerce world to drive more sales and boost revenue.
However, the competition is fierce, with over 9.1 million retailers online. You need a reliable marketing company to help you outshine the booming eCommerce world.
Xpeer helps you outsource Twitter marketing by connecting you to professional marketing agencies. You can pick a suitable company and let a team of experts handle the job for you.